Statistics for June 2012 & a Volunteer Opportunity

Greetings, and welcome to another monthly report from your station admin. We broke more records last month, and we’re fixing more elements this month, including the re-normalization of the entire GSR library (already completed). Let’s get to the numbers…

Over 11,000 hours of music was streamed in June.
3GB more data was sent from the servers than the previous month.
The station uptime last month was 90.5%, higher than the previous month.
June 27th had the most site visitors in a single day within the past 3 months.

There are two things I’d like to address this month. First, the new site should come out soon. By that, I mean, whenever I’m not working at my paying job, I’m usually working on the site getting things ready. This past week has been pretty full for me, and the next week forward doesn’t offer much time for me to work on things either, but I’ll do what I can.

Second, if there is anyone that is interested in helping us promote the station, we’d like to hear from you! Presently, we have some handouts for Gensokyo Radio which we expected to distribute at AX2012, but there’s still some left over, and we would like to know if there’s anyone interested in helping us out. If you like Gensokyo Radio, are going to a con or somewhere with a bunch of people who may be interested in Touhou in some form, and aren’t afraid to do the task of handing paper to people you’ve never met before, you may be someone we’re looking for. Please contact us either by using the “contact us” link on the sidebar, or by leaving a comment below. If you’re as passionate about Touhou music as we are, then step on up!

With the new site and improved library, here’s to hoping that July is our best month yet!

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

(Guest) Choxie | Posted on July 6th, 2012, 08:16:55 AM
Could I possibly get a reply to my inquiries in the June 28th post? I’m just really curious about it, thanks :slight_smile:

LunarSpotlight | Posted on July 7th, 2012, 12:46:40 AM
To answer your question from before, ratings are purely a cosmetic thing for the time being. They help to give a very general idea of what people like or don’t like. We collect all ratings in a database and can recall them in pretty much any manner, from listing highest to lowest rated songs, to being used as an administrative tool where the system can recommend songs for us to get rid of, or conversely, types of songs or song groups to add to the station. When you rate a song on the site, it has no direct effect on what the station plays since the site (and database) and the stream are two separate things. If you have any suggestions related to ratings, we’ll listen to your ideas and see what we can do.

(Guest) End585 | Posted on July 7th, 2012, 07:01:42 PM
I’ll be going to Otakuthon 2012 3-4-5 august 2012 (in Montreal) and I’m pretty sure to find some people who love Touhou music as much as I do out there.

LunarSpotlight | Posted on July 8th, 2012, 06:47:36 AM
Sweet! We might have to talk about that soonish. I know it’s towards the late half of the expo season, but I’m wondering if there’s anyone else out there that might be interested as well. We’ll see~

(Guest) Cat | Posted on July 8th, 2012, 02:56:25 PM
Shame i’m not able to go to any expos whatsoever, living in Belgium; the land with some of the least Anime in western society xD. I do my part of that by telling my friend about you guys though :3

(Guest) Aerialstrike | Posted on July 17th, 2012, 10:00:52 AM
I might going to Anime Festival Asia 2012 on August I will go there and promote This radio if i manage to talk with them :smiley:

LunarSpotlight | Posted on July 19th, 2012, 09:12:40 AM
@AerialStrike That’d be awesome! I might have to talk more about that with you, though one thing I’m confused about is that the next AFA event this year is in September, so what are you doing in August? Guess I’ll find out later, though :3

(Guest) aerialstrike | Posted on July 22nd, 2012, 08:30:05 AM
im not doing anything,im not a cosplayer >__> but if i found some touhou cosplayer i might talk about gensokyo radio oh maybe a pamphlet for gensokyo radio :stuck_out_tongue: