May Statistics & Redesign Preview

Greetings! We have yet another set of stats for everyone to marvel at, or simply ignore for those people that dislike anything to do with math or numbers.

May has been our biggest month yet. Here are the numbers to show you why…

• We were just short of hitting 11,000 hours streamed (10,983 hours streamed).
  • More than 25,700 connections were made to the stream.
  • The US had more than 2,500 connections in a week during May, a record.
  • Japan had more than 1,500 connections in a week during May, also a record.
  • More than 600GB of bandwidth was used during May, beating the previous record set in March by 10GB.

We also had that new “uptime monitoring” feature installed in May. We did have a stream downtime that lasted about 2 days in the month, so that impacted the uptime result for May a ton.

The resulting uptime ratio is 88.95%.
This is mainly the result of a period of downtime that lasted 2 days, 7 hours between May 16th and 19th.

Now, in other news…

gsr4_smallpreview_1

With May being a record-breaking month, we’re rolling out a cleaner redesign this month as the community grows. Listeners will have the ability to track their listening history, rate and comment on songs (in addition to news articles), have live discussions with fellow listeners, choose one of a few different info display options to either show more information or conserve screen space, as well as a few other things we have planned. The site overall will have a cleaner, more streamlined look and an additional background element that we think makes site pages look pretty.

We hope our listeners look forward to what we have in store this month!

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

(Guest) Kyuubi | Posted on June 5th, 2012, 11:29:33 PM
Were no new songs added to the playlist or was that not reported? I can’t really tell since there’s so many songs here that I haven’t heard before I honestly can’t tell if a song is a new addition or just one thats new to me.

LunarSpotlight | Posted on June 6th, 2012, 10:51:38 PM
We haven’t always reported when new songs are added to the playlist. However, we do plan to add songs when the new GensokyoRadio theme comes out.

(Guest) Cat | Posted on June 9th, 2012, 02:53:08 PM
I’ve heard several songs on multiple instances, too. Especially Uroboro. You should consider adding several tracks/albums on regular basis; I haven’t heard Alstroemeria records for quite a while on here, adding their new albums alongside several others would be a boon to me.

rtaglem | Posted on June 12th, 2012, 03:27:22 AM
por casualidad tendrán alguna página de facebook, twitter que nos quieran compartir?

(Guest) poundLoli | Posted on June 12th, 2012, 11:30:00 AM
For some reason the last few nights I have been unable to stream your music from my iPad. I normally load your .m3u link and am fine but now I can’t! Any help? Need gensokyoradio to live!! I read your tweets and im fairly certain this has started occurring after or as a result of the recent server migration…

LunarSpotlight | Posted on June 12th, 2012, 08:22:12 PM
You are correct. I’ll need to ask them about that.

auritribe | Posted on June 12th, 2012, 10:55:39 PM
@poundLoli I’ve found that finding the stream using the Anime Radio Recorder app on App store loads the stream fine on my iPad 2. I can’t remember if it’s a pay app but I do know if it is it isn’t too much.

auritribe | Posted on June 12th, 2012, 10:56:29 PM
Disregard, I might not be up to date with things, I’m going to test that on my iPad and let you know. Probably won’t work.

(Guest) poundLoli | Posted on June 13th, 2012, 09:30:03 AM
Auritribe: Thank you very much for your consideration. Please let me know of that app works. Even if I have to pay for it, it would be worth it. Lunarspotlight: Getting your prompt response is awesome. Please let me know any solutions you may discover or have in mind. Thank you for your time!

auritribe | Posted on June 13th, 2012, 05:28:12 PM
Just checked. I’m listening to GSR through Anime Radio Recorder as I type this. Should work fine.

LunarSpotlight | Posted on June 13th, 2012, 10:00:53 PM
I put this in the feed, but the playlist files are working as expected once again.

(Guest) poundLoli | Posted on June 14th, 2012, 10:59:51 AM
The stream straight from this site from my iPad via the .m3u link still does not work. The error message changed from “unknown error” to “this action could not be completed.” However the recommended Anime Radio Recorder app works like a charm so all my worries have been solved! Thank you so much. I just hope that you get my listening stats even though I am using this app to listen instead of a direct stream. Cheers Lunar and Auri! Keep up the good work :smiley:

auritribe | Posted on June 14th, 2012, 05:28:21 PM
The listener stats are the very reason I found out about Anime Radio Recorder, it’s all good. :slight_smile:

(Guest) Choxie | Posted on June 18th, 2012, 11:24:43 PM
Is TAMusic ever played on this station? :o

LunarSpotlight | Posted on June 19th, 2012, 10:30:44 PM
It doesn’t sound familiar. I’ll ask Auritribe about it, he’s in charge of music selection. Maybe you’ll hear it on here someday~

auritribe | Posted on June 20th, 2012, 06:42:41 PM
I’ve heard TAMusic, I’m not against adding them to the station.

(Guest) Choxie | Posted on June 21st, 2012, 06:29:33 AM
Here’s a sample of one of my favorite tracks from TAMusic :3 It’s more for the piano/violin lovers out there :smiley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyWTWMC6K-A

(Guest) Choxie | Posted on June 21st, 2012, 06:32:30 AM
Oh and maybe some DJ-Technetium would be nice as well, LOVE THE MUSIC STREAM <3 PS: TAMUSIC is also known as just TAM xD

(Guest) Cheese | Posted on June 22nd, 2012, 05:17:49 AM
Crow’sclaw, Yuuhei Satellite and Kishida Kyoudan and the Akeboshi Rockets please. If you don’t mind that is… Also, is there any other way to play the stream in an iPhone? I’ve used TuneIn radio but in the last couple of weeks, it wouldn’t play anymore. Help please D:

(Guest) Choxie | Posted on June 22nd, 2012, 06:27:55 AM
@Cheese I think any sort of radio streaming app would work. TuneINradio, Shoutcast, iheartradio, xiaalive. Try searching online radio in the app store :stuck_out_tongue:

LunarSpotlight | Posted on June 22nd, 2012, 08:06:46 AM
For some reason, when the server admins did their upgrade, it broke a few things including stream links in some places. I’ve been working a lot on the new site version, but will also be doing some cleanup work with the stream tech soon. I do know that the IP changed, so you’d think it’d be as easy as changing over to the new IP, but for some things that still doesn’t seem to work quite the way it’s supposed to. Obviously it goes a little deeper than that, but I’ll get to it soon.

auritribe | Posted on June 22nd, 2012, 03:01:44 PM
Choxie: please contact me (auritribe at gmail dot com) Cheese: Yuuhei satellite has a small presence on the station currently, however that one’s on the list to be updated. Anime Radio Recorder (mentioned above) accesses stream just fine on iOS

auritribe | Posted on June 22nd, 2012, 03:10:44 PM
On that note, anyone who wants to give me feedback/suggestions/hatemail directly may contact me on Steam or e-mail. I am always open to feedback.