It’s that time again where I pull numbers out of the air and put them here for all of our visitors to see. Actually, these numbers sit on a server someplace, and I present them in a simple and understandable format.
Frankly, I was waiting until midnight rolled around to do this, so let’s get to it!
- In March, Gensokyo Radio was listened to 83% more than in the previous month.
- More than 10,000 hours of music was streamed in March, more than a year’s worth.
- 50% more listener connections were made to the servers compared to February.
- More than half a terabyte of data was streamed.
- We learned that we have listeners from at least 75 different countries.
- We raised our internal listener cap in the middle of March to accommodate more listeners at once.
At the beginning of March, our projection was that listen time was going to be 50% more, and that was surpassed. It’s too early to tell where we’ll be at for April, but my prediction is that the numbers will still be growing. I recently took a look at visitor info for the site, and there’s a very steady upward trend of more visitors over time. We regularly hit more than 100 visitors every day.
It’s also worth noting that all of the numbers for stats above are conservative. With the server migration that happened as well as occasional blips in the logging data, the ‘real’ numbers are actually higher than those presented. There’s at least 10 hours of data unaccounted for.
It’s great to see these kinds of numbers. It’s proof that more people are looking for places like this one. And to those people that have posted links and information at places like reddit and tunein, thanks a bunch!
Thanks for listening~