Happy New Year! This week, we broadcast Live #135 where we took a look at the past year as well as the year ahead. For more details, read on!
The 135th episode of Gensokyo Radio Live brought on Lunar and DMJ as hosts, and along with new music, we took the opportunity to summarize the things we accomplished in 2023. Some of these things were:
- Added music CDs to the store from old stock and overstock, making it easier for fans in the west to find and acquire music from eastern circles.
- Began working with artists on a consignment basis to bring their music works into the physical realm via CD.
- Published an open beta version of Gensokyo Radio’s mobile app as a PWA (progressive web app).
- Directly supported eastern Touhou artists at M3 in Tokyo.
- Added a significant number of new albums to the station (with more due in February).
We also highlighted some of the things we’ve got planned in the year ahead, starting with addressing an issue that began the day prior to the show.
- Stability - We have partially implemented a high-availability, multi-regional server network which spans across three continents, but there is more work to be done to address potential scenarios that can act as single points of failure.
- Availability - The web app will help new and existing listeners use the service we provide, and conversion to native apps will extend access and increase visibility.
- Support - We will be working with more artists in 2024 to help bring their works to more fans via our store and station.
- Marketing - We will be utilizing new forms of content and more platforms to reach a wider audience.
Finally, if you haven’t seen it yet, go check out the preview to this winter’s upcoming short film “Return to Gensokyo”. That’s it for now, go work on those new year’s resolutions, and thanks for listening!