Gensokyo Radio Live #8

Gensokyo Radio Live #8 will be playing on Friday, May 10th, 2013 at 7pm EDT / 4pm PDT. We’ll be doing our first run-through of some of the highest rated songs on the station thus far since GSR5 went live in March. With this sort of lineup, listeners on the station have a direct impact on what we play by listening and rating songs on the website.

We’ll be meeting at Gensokyo Radio’s Steam Community chat room during the event.

Hope to see you there! ~

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

(Guest) Anonymous | Posted on May 8th, 2013, 05:52:46 PM
Dear Host Hi, I was wondering if you know any website that has all of touhou doujin music. Please reply to my question, Domo arigatou gozaimasu.

LunarSpotlight | Posted on May 8th, 2013, 08:52:00 PM
@Anonymous: First off, please don’t double post. I read your first comment from the other news article. Second, Gensokyo Radio brings some of the best works to our listeners through an internet radio stream. This is not the place to ask that sort of question.

**(Guest) Anonymous ** | Posted on May 8th, 2013, 09:10:09 PM
I’m very sorry; it was impudent of me to have said that in the first place.

(Guest) Will -Last Name is Required- | Posted on May 8th, 2013, 11:31:30 PM
Well hell yeah I’ll be looking forward to this! :smiley:

joey1000th | Posted on May 8th, 2013, 11:53:32 PM
Woo hoo Live #8! I don’t know if I have anything planned this time though.

Khoury | Posted on May 9th, 2013, 02:27:51 AM
Perhaps if the Sai-Touhou bracket is complete (so much fun was had) then we could start a trivia mini-game or receive live feedback for the GR website and promotional art. Long live GR!

(Guest) daskrip | Posted on May 11th, 2013, 12:42:47 AM
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. I heard an amazing song at 7:15 PM EST today, during this stream. Is there some kind of song list I can sift through?

LunarSpotlight | Posted on May 11th, 2013, 02:38:12 AM
I think the song at that time was “Dream in the Night” by Vivienne on the album Ground Snow.

Reimu Hakurei | Posted on May 11th, 2013, 05:57:54 AM
Dear LunarSpotlight Today was enthralling and a finest experience for me to be on your live show as a member. I became a part of your group not too long ago, and I was hoping that I get to request some songs which I did earlier. It was fun listening to you guys making activities up to make the show more radiant, I enjoyed it. Overall, I thank you for this live show and hope to see you in the next live broadcast. Domo Arigatou Gozaimasu!

TrollingKiwi | Posted on May 11th, 2013, 10:43:50 PM
Today was a very VERY sad day for me. Why? BECAUSE I MISSED THE LIVE SHOW! I MISSED IT because I was busy with something else and did not keep track of the time. I MISSED IT! I wanted to die the moment I realized it was already too late to at least to the ending songs. However, I am sure it was very fun and I would have listened to it from start to finish had I kept track of the time. I’ll be expecting another Live show soon ! Thanks a lot and keep up the good work and amazing music! :smiley:

sonicmega | Posted on May 12th, 2013, 12:43:16 AM
We’d love to see you around for the next show, Kiwi! Yesterday was perhaps one of the first shows where we really got the audience involved throughout, and I think a lot of people enjoyed it. You CAN’T miss the next one in June, though - it’s going to be incredible for many reasons.

(Guest) typeMARS | Posted on May 12th, 2013, 02:54:53 AM
so i’m late for the party…

(Guest) Orangapple | Posted on May 12th, 2013, 08:19:05 AM
I’m listening with my iPhone and its freakin awesome! Thanks to your awesome station.

(Guest) daskrip | Posted on May 12th, 2013, 09:11:38 PM
LunarSpotlight: Thanks, but that’s not it. I was told that typically the playlists for the shows get posted up a little while after the shows end. Is this true? If so, when can I expect to find it, and where?

LunarSpotlight | Posted on May 13th, 2013, 06:04:41 AM
Playlists for past shows are not typically posted. Who was it that told you that? Playlists have been posted for a couple past shows because of high demand, and because it wasn’t much of a hassle for me to put together. With our last show, we had songs that were queued that weren’t played, so putting together a playlist would be a manual process which would take a bit of time. As a sidenote, please don’t use your email as your username. There are bots on the web that sniff email addresses and add them to mailing lists, so I’ve edited your username to prevent this from happening.

auritribe | Posted on May 13th, 2013, 01:13:10 PM
That’d be me. I remembered seeing playlists put up in some locations in the past but that may be a false memory. My bad.

(Guest) daskrip | Posted on May 14th, 2013, 04:59:10 AM
LunarSpotlight, thanks for the advice. Not using my email address anymore. So, does that mean there is no hope for me to find that song? … Surely there’s something I can do. Sorry to impose. auritribe, hi. Don’t worry about it, thanks for trying.

(Guest) ANON | Posted on May 15th, 2013, 10:10:48 AM
Anyone knows why i can’t listen to the radio on web? IE8, and have no problem listening with my smartphone in same network. huh… and how can i play .pls or .m3u?

Khoury | Posted on May 15th, 2013, 12:07:01 PM
Check to make sure your Adobe Flash Player installation is free of bugs. Go to http://gensokyoradio.net/ and click the play button in the top right corner under “Login or Sign Up”.