Gensokyo Radio Live #4 (and Other Stuff)

Greetings, Touhou music fans, and welcome to another announcement for the next GensokyoRadio Live show!

Applause & cheering

But before we get to that, I have some other stuff to let everyone know about, so let’s get to that first.

Murmurs from the audience

We pushed the latest update to the Gensokyo Radio library just a few days ago. It’s a small update, but it includes some music that Auritribe has wanted to get out on the station as well as some music that listeners requested through site comments and chat sessions during the last GensokyoRadio Live show. As a result, two new circles have been added to the lineup, Orange Jam and Levo Lution.

Random shoutout from a guy in the back

And now, here’s a progress report on the next major site update. Recently, we’ve identified a few more things we’d like to change or optimize as far as how music is managed and information on the site is displayed. We’ve already announced plans to create a database which will more greatly encompass information about the music in the Touhou music universe. That will also be available to all site visitors and listeners, and we hope it makes it easier for people to find information about the music they’re looking for.

Moderate Applause

In addition, there are a couple more features we’ve added to the list, including gathering information about what original ZUN song a derivative song is based on (and other relevant info like the Touhou game it originates from). Finally, there are some frontend optimizations we’ve noted down to make for the next update, and that includes some tweaks to the live info display system. As it is now, it works pretty well. There are still a couple situations where the live display isn’t sure what to do. First, when song information fails to load, it will attempt to grab the information again after a certain amount of time.

Lunar puts on specs

In some cases, what’s actually happening is that the song playing has more than one entry in the database. All songs are given an internal ID which is then used for things like song rating and such. If a song has more than one entry, it has more than one song ID, and the system protects against being able to vote for songs in those cases to prevent a song from getting rated twice from the same user. This will happen if the same song is found on more than one album (which happens more than you might think with Touhou music), so it’s a matter of doing some cleanup and making sure there aren’t any duplicates.

Audience begins to lose focus, Lunar takes off specs and puts on sunglasses

And now, for the next Gensokyo Radio Live show announcement!

*~(^_^)~ Woo~ *

Gensokyo Radio Live #4 will be playing Friday, November 23rd, 2012 @ 7:00pm EST/4:00pm PST (Saturday, November 24th, 2012 @ Midnight UTC). With daylight saving time kicking in, the former time of 11:00pm on the same day has shifted forward one hour. If people are interested in a re-broadcast of this show at a more Europe-friendly time, I can probably do that.

Audience is suddenly cake

Hope to see people back in our public chat channel on Steam on the night of. Thanks for listening!~

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

ACNoth | Posted on November 13th, 2012, 03:19:58 PM
Yay! GensokyoRadio Live soon! Can’t wait <3

(Guest) Khory | Das FotoFinish | Posted on November 14th, 2012, 01:19:05 AM
I am looking forward to the next GR live session, I hope to see everyone there. Just listening to Orange Jam and I think that the new additions are wicked sick!

Hellcat | Posted on November 17th, 2012, 07:21:27 PM
Europe-friendly, finally? ; ^ ;

(Guest) Renko | Posted on November 21st, 2012, 04:10:53 PM
A friend mentioned that “illuminate” was playing. Thanks! U・v・)ノ

Asagi | Posted on November 22nd, 2012, 07:18:50 PM
Suugoi! ^_______^

Lancer | Posted on November 23rd, 2012, 06:22:40 PM
I’m not going to be here for this Q_Q can someone like… record this for me or something pleaaaaaaaaaseeeeee :frowning:

LunarSpotlight | Posted on November 24th, 2012, 01:38:10 AM
Maybe you can let me know what a good time range would be to do a re-broadcast of this show. I’ll probably be doing that within a week after this show.

Lancer | Posted on November 24th, 2012, 07:02:59 PM
Personally for me anytime like 1-9 PST or anytime on the weekend really. Black friday though is the day where I have to spend like 10 hrs with my family :confused:

(Guest) Spooky | Posted on November 30th, 2012, 01:07:25 AM
I found that song I asked for awhile ago with the “DO” and "DA"s in it, my quest is complete. http://youtu.be/ZNuJ616MSCc