Gensokyo Radio Fan Group Becomes Official

gsr-gsr-fb-1st-promo

Sometime in the past few months, we had tossed around the idea of creating a Facebook group to further promote Gensokyo Radio and the Touhou Music Universe. In that time, we noticed that someone had grabbed the name for a Gensokyo Radio group, but it was empty, and it remained empty over the next few times we checked, so we figured it was a vacant group. We planned to claim it and begin using it for the site.

However, a couple days ago we checked again, and the group was filled with content, people, and “likes”. In fact, the group had gained over 400 likes in a short amount of time. Some of our listeners, we learned, even thought there was a connection between the two (why would anyone think they were different?). The only problem with this was, it was not managed by any of our staff at GensokyoRadio.net.

We got in contact with the admins at this Facebook group and have worked out some details. First off, the creator of this group had no idea that we, GensokyoRadio.net, have existed for more than a year and a half. Even so, we share the exact same interest of sharing some of the best Touhou musical creations in existence with the world.

Therefore, starting today, we are recognizing this group as the official Gensokyo Radio fan group! It will still be managed by its four original admins: Spark, who will be acting as the main intermediary for Gensokyo Radio on Facebook; Jak, the creator of the Gensokyo Radio Facebook group page; as well as Mino and Alice who further serve to keep a more international connection with the fan base.

The Gensokyo Radio website is still maintained by its current staff of four: LunarSpotlight, Auritribe, NanoSatellite, and Sonicmega.

We’re eager to hear about what our listeners have to say about this new development. Many of you probably won’t care that there’s a Facebook group now, but some of you might. Our website still serves as the main link to the staff at GensokyoRadio.net, so as always, please feel free to leave a comment below and let us know what you think!

Thanks for listening! ~

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

starpanic | Posted on October 26th, 2012, 03:05:38 PM
Gensokyo Radio For convenience :smiley:

RinKaenbyou | Posted on November 1st, 2012, 02:56:14 AM
Awesome I was waiting for this site to get on Facebook ^-^

Ferdverel | Posted on November 1st, 2012, 05:11:49 PM
I just discovered this site today, and I must say it’s absolutely incredible. I’ll be frequenting it a lot from now on, and a Facebook group doesn’t hurt either (though I’ll admit I don’t Facebook that much). Can’t wait to see how the site develops in the future! One thing I noticed: some songs that have been playing don’t have a year input, and I find it useful to know when (or even which convention/event) the song/album was released. Would letting users help edit/update song information be helpful, or would it be too dangerous in case someone decides to sabotage the data? Also, it would be nice if there was an option to have songs play automatically when the site loads instead of clicking the play button first (for people who already know they can listen to music without bothering anyone).

Asagi | Posted on November 22nd, 2012, 07:17:04 PM
Liiiiked! ^o^