A Year of Live Shows at Gensokyo Radio

Woo! Can you believe it’s been a year since our first Live show?

On August 30th, 2012, we broke new ground at Gensokyo Radio and started streaming live broadcasts using hand-selected playlists, microphones, audio mixing, and a bit of technical and vocal talent blended together. The first five shows were exclusively streamed by LunarSpotlight. Starting at Live #6, Auritribe and NanoSatellite began joining the show as co-hosts. With Live #8, Sean Chiplock aka Sonicmega began joining the show as a fairly regular guest.

This next show, Live #12, marks one year streaming Live shows at Gensokyo Radio. We’ll also be adding a new guest, ☆Spark, one of the admins at the Facebook fan group, who is sure to add something new to the mix!

In other news, I’ve been hard at work on some database-related work for Gensokyo Radio. Presently, there’s an issue with certain albums getting merged with incorrect circles in the database due to albums sharing the same name even though they’re from different circles. What I’ve done is I’ve written a new importer and re-imported the entire music database with a few new conditions which will fix any problem albums in the current database, as well as prevent this condition from happening in the future. Most of the hard work is done, but I still need to merge the new database with the current one, so due to that, you may notice the website going slower than normal, or it may be temporarily unavailable when the actual merger happens.

Once the database update is complete, we’ll be able to add a bunch of new music to the regular playlist. If all goes well, this whole process should be complete within the next week.

Gensokyo Radio Live #12 will be playing on Friday, September 6th, 2013 at 4p PDT / 7p EDT / 11p UTC. You’ll be able to meet up with fellow listeners and the hosts in our Steam chat room and IRC channel. Don’t miss it!

Thanks for listening!

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

FwFKisume | Posted on August 23rd, 2013, 12:59:08 PM
yay Happy 1year Anniversary :smiley:

Khoury | Posted on August 23rd, 2013, 08:44:49 PM
Only eight more years until GKR can become the strongest. Level 1 / ⑨ Good work to the GKR crew and a warm welcome to our new guest: ☆Spark. See you all @ GKR live #12!

Reimu Hakurei | Posted on August 25th, 2013, 10:23:39 PM
Can’t wait

Banzatou | Posted on August 28th, 2013, 04:12:21 PM
Happy one year anniversary~! :smiley:

(Guest) Zea | Posted on August 29th, 2013, 01:29:57 PM
Love what you’re doing guys. Never give up!

(Guest) BlindAngel | Posted on September 7th, 2013, 11:59:41 AM
Love you guys, thanks for dedicating yourselves to this awesome project. ~Happy one year anniversary~