This is on my List

So, within the past 6 months, there’s been a few people who have asked or suggested that there should be a volume control on our flash player. Well, I thought I’d take this opportunity to educate everyone about the dark nature of the flash player.

Oh yes… this player has a dark side. It is so dark that the volume control is hidden right in the middle of it.

gsr_volume

In short, I’ll be changing the scheme of this player either soon or for GSR5 so that people can see the volume control better on screens with a lower contrast ratio.

As a last note, I have made a promise to Auritribe to have GSR5 launched before February ends. It’s still a ways out, and things are coming together nicely, but it’ll still take time.

Thanks for listening ~

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

joey1000th | Posted on January 26th, 2013, 03:32:43 AM
Hmm sometimes the song information doesn’t display after a while. Any idea why that happens? Keep up the good work~

LunarSpotlight | Posted on January 27th, 2013, 08:25:13 AM
Yep. This was mentioned in a previous article (which has recently fallen off the front page), so I will re-post it here… “There are still a couple situations where the live display isn’t sure what to do. First, when song information fails to load, it will attempt to grab the information again after a certain amount of time. In some cases, what’s actually happening is that the song playing has more than one entry in the database. All songs are given an internal ID which is then used for things like song rating and such. If a song has more than one entry, it has more than one song ID, and the system protects against being able to vote for songs in those cases to prevent a song from getting rated twice from the same user. This will happen if the same song is found on more than one album (which happens more than you might think with Touhou music), so it’s a matter of doing some cleanup and making sure there aren’t any duplicates.” This problem is addressed in GSR5. Cheers~

Actowolfy | Posted on January 31st, 2013, 02:40:13 AM
Any idea why songs stop partially through and don’t come back on for a while? Could it be because the signal is cutting out where I am?