Statistics for September 2012

September was another interesting month with more site traffic, more listeners, and more records smashed.

• We exceeded 1TB of bandwidth used by the stream, the first time that’s ever happened.
  • More than 75 million seconds of music was streamed to listeners in September.
  • For the first time, more than 2 years of music was streamed.
  • At more than 47,000 connections, we broke that record as well.
  • The website received more than 400 visits in a single day thanks to a reddit post by a fan.
  • Numerous countries including Sweden, Finland, Israel, and Spain climbed the charts for listener time this month.
  • Belgium saw the largest drop in listener time rank, falling 10 places.
  • In sheer listener time, Canada dropped the most with 42 days less time listened than last month.
  • Norway was the only country below the top 2 to hold its position at 30th place in listener time.

In September, the station saw a 96.8% uptime ratio, down 4% from last month. In addition to that, the streaming server had some networking issues which caused the stream to have general connection issues on a few days this month. We’ve talked to our server provider about this, and they told us they’ve updated their networking software to the latest version. Hopefully this will solve the issues we’ve been experiencing with that.

Last but not least, the next edition of Gensokyo Radio Live will be sometime this month, depending on how THFNN’s 7th Touhou 12.3 Tournament goes. Stay tuned for more information.

Thanks for listening~

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

(Guest) Nano | Posted on October 2nd, 2012, 10:04:43 PM
Beautiful.

Nuclearo | Posted on October 4th, 2012, 09:03:52 AM
Dat Belgium’s fall from grace. Also correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t points 2 and 3 kinda the same?

LunarSpotlight | Posted on October 4th, 2012, 09:36:21 AM
True, but they’re two ways of measuring certain milestone that we hit. I dunno, more words on the page, really :3 .

Hellcat | Posted on October 6th, 2012, 02:33:40 PM
School starts, can’t get on GSR every day Belgium drops SONOVA

cobaw | Posted on October 9th, 2012, 08:30:33 PM
I may or may not have been that reddit user. Anyways, this place is great. Thank you for giving me awesome music to listen to!

Asagi | Posted on November 22nd, 2012, 07:14:34 PM
I’ve been listening to GensokyoRadio for a quite long time, finally decided to register and i’m very proud of it! ^o^, it’s so nice to spend time listening to all different kinds of Touhou music!! Thank you so much for gooodie musicsss! ^.^

Takayuihime | Posted on December 4th, 2012, 06:43:16 AM
I was finding a lot of time a touhou radio. Finally, I found it. Now I can play games with calm soul. Thank you, Touhou FTW. Hi from Russia.