Live #11 & Something Special

Get ready for Gensokyo Radio Live #11, coming Friday, August 9th, 2013 @ 4pm PDT / 7pm EDT / 11pm UTC!

During this Live show, we’ll be introducing some brand new music to the station which will also become a part of the regular lineup of songs which already contains more than 3,000 songs! We’ll also be bringing back some of the community’s favorite music, selected via the song ratings we’ve received from listeners at GensokyoRadio.net. Finally, we’ll include some space for requests from our listeners during the show. You’ll be able to request songs via four different methods:

• Steam Community - Join us during the show in our Steam Community chat channel. It’s currently the most popular place for listeners to converse about music, Touhou, and other things during live shows. The hosts of this show will also be present here.
  • GensokyoRadio IRC - If you don’t have Steam, we do have an official IRC channel which I sit in on a regular basis. Just be aware that it isn’t very popular at this time. You can find it at irc.rizon.net, #gensokyoradio.
  • Email - Our contact email address is another place to send us your song requests, as well as any other questions or comments you have about the station or website in general.
  • #GensokyoRadio (Twitter) - A different sort of hashtag from IRC, you can now send us requests via Twitter. Just add “#GensokyoRadio” to your tweet, and we’ll pick it up from there.

Before you tune in to the live show though, there’s another really cool piece of news that’s just too good to keep quiet about…

sword-art-online-screen

One of the people we’ve had in the last few Gensokyo Radio Live shows, Sean Chiplock, has been pursuing a voice acting career for more than 6 years, and within the past year, he managed to land a role in an English dubbed anime. “Sword Art Online” is an anime which is premiering in dubbed form on Cartoon Network’s Toonami. It began airing last week (July 27th), but Sean’s character is most relevant (as far as I know) in the next episode (Ep. 2). It’s a relatively minor role all things considered, but it’ll still be very cool to hear the voice of someone you might have heard here, on Toonami this weekend (August 3rd / check your local listings for the exact time), so be sure to tune in or set your DVR’s to catch the next episode!

Here is a link to a 10 second clip which his character appears in, for those of you who don’t believe what you just read:

With that said, I hope to see our listeners back in the Steam chat room on the 9th. See you then, and thanks for listening! ~

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

TrollingKiwi | Posted on July 30th, 2013, 09:55:46 AM
Well, as much as I would LOVE to see the clip…I get a bunch of weird random symbols all over the page when I click on the “Here is a link to a 10 second clip” link o.O Only me? Or…??

Khoury | Posted on July 30th, 2013, 11:11:49 AM
If you’re having trouble viewing the video clip: Right click the link > “Save Link As…” > Save the MP4 > Open with your prefered media player (I recommend saving the video to your desktop for convenience)

joey1000th | Posted on July 31st, 2013, 02:17:28 AM
All my support to Sean and good to hear about the new music :smiley:

TrollingKiwi | Posted on July 31st, 2013, 08:16:27 AM
oooooohhhhh I see. I never thought it would be a direct link to the file xD. Ok Thanks Khoury! :smiley: and I’ll be looking forward to this live btw :smiley: Keep up the great job!

ShavrakChay | Posted on August 1st, 2013, 04:46:25 AM
Sadly I will not be able to join you guys. I will likely be busy at Otakon.

LunarSpotlight | Posted on August 1st, 2013, 04:48:39 AM
:v Another convention that we’re missing out on? Eh, that’s okay, I’m aware that handing out stuff to random people isn’t the most fun thing to do. Have fun while you’re there!

(Guest) Zea | Posted on August 9th, 2013, 01:31:09 AM
Can’t wait!!