Expanding the Database Expansion Project

Greetings, fans!

gsr5-database-expansion2

Starting today, we’ll be opening up the album editor system to our listeners for the first time! This will be building off of our initial launch of this system which was only available to site and FB staff members.

gsr5_editor7

We’re opening up this new system to our most active listeners on the website. To determine who’s “active”, we’ll be looking at the number of song ratings that users have submit. To start out, we’ll be opening the system up to listeners who have 50 or more ratings submit to the station. That sounds like a lot, and it is, but this already gives 43 listeners (at the time of writing) access to start, and that’s a lot more than the 8 or so people that were able to submit edits before.

If we drop the number of required ratings to 25, then 29 more listeners would gain access for a total of 72 listeners. If we dropped it to 20 ratings, that would add another 11 listeners for a total of 83 listeners who would be able to make edits. Over 10,000 ratings have been submit collectively at Gensokyo Radio.

So, how do you know if you’re one of those would-be music editors? All you need to do is submit a rating for a song that’s playing on the station, and it will check if your account is eligible to be upgraded to a music editor. If you’re eligible, the message that appears after you submit a rating will say “Congratulations!” and it’ll give you some info on how to get started.

Presently, there’s no place on the website which says how close you are to meeting the editor threshold.

If you’re an editor, there’s a handy help page that I’ve put together to help you get started. If you’re not an editor and you’d like to become one, rating songs is the autonomous route. Otherwise, we may be giving access to other members who have been active in the community but haven’t reached that rating threshold yet. Naturally, any questions about this new development can be directed to any member of staff.

As a last note, we’ve put up a small section on the statistics page where you can view who currently has the most music edits accepted for the database. It’s just another way to see how active people are in this project.

We look forward to seeing how this system is put to use and receiving feedback from the community. Thanks for listening! ~

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

TrollingKiwi | Posted on July 17th, 2013, 06:58:59 AM
Well I’m just amazed o.o This is one reaaaaally awesome feature haha. I’ll expect your ratings-per-day- will start growing now (that includes me) xD

Khoury | Posted on July 17th, 2013, 04:49:11 PM
It’s time to spam the song information text with ’ tag et eajy '.

jet-black | Posted on July 18th, 2013, 02:44:57 AM
Wow, thanks for adding this! Time to get editing~! :smiley:

(Guest) Mamizou | Posted on July 25th, 2013, 05:48:21 AM
It would be nice if this could be done in cooperation with Touhou Wiki, since we already have quite a lot of album listings already.