Database Expansion Begins & Animinneapolis

gsr5-database-expansion

One of the primary ideas behind “GSR5”, our newest website revision, is that we would like to be more than just an internet radio station. We want to take it a step further, and then go even further than that to fill in just about every relevant gap in the general Touhou music knowledgebase.

To work towards this end, we started by populating our music database with over 40,000 songs from the Touhou Music Universe in March 2013. This includes basic information for all songs and albums including artists, song durations, tracks, and a few other things.

Starting today, we’re opening our library editor in a sequential manner, starting with the expanded staff from GensokyoRadio.net and the Facebook fan group, and then moving on to include some of our more active listeners. This marks the beginning of the massive project of filling in expanded information for literally thousands upon thousands of songs, and once we’ve worked out any initial kinks in the system, we’ll need as many minds as we can get to help.

In other news, Animinneapolis in Bloomington, Minnesota is happening this weekend, and quite frankly I’d be surprised if any of our regular listeners before now are planning to attend since it’s one of the smaller conventions. If you or someone you know is attending, however, there’s a slim chance you might run into me there, and I’ll have a few of the brand new Gensokyo Radio handouts with me as well, This will be our second convention in 2013 that Gensokyo Radio will have some sort of presence at, with the first being at Nipponcon in Bremen, Germany. The following weekend, we’ll also be at Anime Expo in Los Angeles, California!

Interesting times ahead, so stay tuned, and thanks for listening! ~

User Comments (migrated from legacy news system)

NanoSatellite | Posted on June 27th, 2013, 08:33:55 PM
queue it_begins.mp3

LunarSpotlight | Posted on June 27th, 2013, 09:01:46 PM
http://files.thfnn.com/it%20begins.mp3

Khoury | Posted on June 28th, 2013, 06:41:58 AM
its_happening.avi

MinoAcid | Posted on June 28th, 2013, 08:57:08 AM
Editing entries could become a past time. It feels just like editing a wiki, but involves more translating and listening to music than typing down words.

LunarSpotlight | Posted on June 29th, 2013, 08:35:54 AM
Where are all the Touhou fans at Animinneapolis?